Tuesday, September 22, 2020
5:00 PM – 7:30 PM CST
Thursday, September 24, 2020
5:00 PM – 7:00 PM CST
Saturday, September 26, 2020
10:00 AM – 3:00 PM CST
Instructions for joining will be sent the week of September 14th
safetotouch National Consensus Conference on Hazardous Drug Surface Contamination
One of the more common sources of hazardous drug (HD) exposure for healthcare workers is surface contamination. Studies have shown work areas where HDs are prepared, stored, or administered, can be contaminated with measurable levels of HD waste. Best practices for HD surface contamination monitoring are limited and currently published standards do not provide clear direction for standardization of processes.
This Consensus Conference will bring together national subject matter experts in the field of hazardous drug handling to provide detailed guidance for hazardous drug surface contamination monitoring.
- To understand other healthcare disciplines’ standards and best practices for the handling of hazardous substances within their respective practices which may have applicability to hazardous drug surface contamination monitoring.
- To understand the current state of hazardous drug surface contamination monitoring within the medication use system for all dosage forms across all patient care sites.
- To assess the capabilities, current utilization, benefits and challenges of commercially available surface contamination monitoring technologies and systems.
- To promulgate best practices recommendations for the monitoring of hazardous drug surface contamination.
- To produce a conference consensus statement, suitable for publication in an appropriate peer-reviewed journal, on the topic of hazardous drug surface contamination monitoring.
An unrestricted educational grant from Visante (http://www.visanteinc.com)